Though I have always been found of Cartoons and the favorite till day are Tom & Jerry. Recently I had the Opportunity to see Curious George, it brought back my childhood memories. Curiosity is something I am born with, rather blessed with from my childhood. Watching Curious George, who is a Monkey and comes out of every situation harmless was a instant tour of my past. Curious George manages to teach kids a lesson but I was not as lucky as this Monkey. I remember the price I had paid for my curiosity and feel lucky that my curious nature has not pushed me over the edge, well....... it still exists and who knows when....
I was seven years of age, but It always felt like if I was 25, which I clinged on to for a while till my wife kept reminding me that I have passed 25 a while ago, but I still feel no older then 26.
It was a sunny bright day and I was on summer vacation with my grandparents, they had lots of cows and all kind of exotic animals. They all lived harmoniously in a large cattle house, it was nothing like a shed but a large bungalow subdivided into different zone which I enjoyed visiting every evening as a ritual to say good night to all of them.
I was found of a bull who was just two years old, I had seen him previous year when he was born but now he was little big bull, I thought he was my friend.
It was early morning and the grazers were getting ready to take the cattle out for Grazing.
I had been insisting to walk the Little Bull, every one advised me against it but I was curious. Why they do not want me to hold the rope of the Bull? They all had to give up in front of my unbending curiosity, so they roped the little bull and told me to hold on to the rope tight and walk along. I was excited, happy and was feeling a real cow boy, but my Imaginary world came crashing down as son as the little bull took off; I am not sure what happen to the little bull but he started running, the rope was in my hand but a large part of it was still on ground around me. I had all the plans to use my muscle power to stop the bull but before I could use my hands and shoulder power to pull the rope I saw my legs going forward and up in he air, the rope was entangled around my legs, now it was scene from a classic comedy, little bull was running and I was not running after, but was being dragged right behind, this little bull went through the whole village robbing me of my dignity and curiosity. Finally I got out of the entanglement but not before loosing back of my shirt along with some skin and the back of my pants was completely missing.
To my surprise whole village was behind be in solidarity, they were really concerned but could not stop laughing, I want to laugh too but I was in quite a bit of pain form all the bums and pebbles on my way. I was too proud to admit that I was hurting, so I picked myself to a big laughter, I tried to check my wallet in the back pocket, there was no pocket... hmmmm I swear I had pants on but now just the front... so some one handed me a Shawl (A large piece of cloth) to rap around. After hearing the exciting adventure one of my uncle who came running behind carried me and took me to the doctor and I was instructed not to sit properly for at least a month, so I had the chance to see the world from a different angle/ perspective.
Now when I am a father, It gives extra precaution alarming bells when my little one tries to pull a Curious George one me!
May be curious George would remind me some others similar incidents in near future and I can write them down In case my curiosity knocks me over the edge in future then my son would enjoy reading some of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment